Skip to main content

Et tu, salt?!?

After 3 weeks on the 45/15 dose of Tolvaptan (45 mg in the am and 15 mg in the afternoon) I found myself sleeping through the night without waking up to drink water and use the bathroom.

Heavenly.

I was afraid to tell anyone in case I jinxed my good fortune.

Then one night I was craving Culver's. The pot roast sandwich. The fries. It was delicious.

And that night I once again found myself waking up every two hours with a seemingly unquenchable thirst and multiple trips to the bathroom

Coincidence? Connection?

It took two days of drinking water to flush that salt out of my system.

And now I've returned to sleeping through the night.

I knew I was supposed to be watching my salt intake before (high blood pressure) but the added incentive of allowing me to sleep through the night may be just what I need to keep my hand out of the chip bag.

Comments