Skip to main content

What a night!

Tues Apr 2 2019 - Oh dear God! What a night!

That plant? Yeah. Could have been me.

Not taking my second dose until 530pm?

Never going to happen again.

Wow. Just wow.

I woke up every 90 minutes. I went to the bathroom every 90 minutes. I GUZZLED water every 90 minutes. I felt like I was traversing a desert and hadn't had a drink in days.

I drank three liters (about 3/4 of a gallon) of water DURING THE NIGHT! Who does that?!?

So here are my learnings from my first day & night on Tolvaptan:

  1. Don't take the meds late - make sure I get that first dose in at 6am and that second dose in at 2pm,
  2. Start building up that bladder durability during the day. Act like it's strength training. Feel the urge and delay going as long as is feasible (accidents are not an option). Hopefully this will allow me to sleep longer than 90 minutes.
  3. If I'm going to drink that much water, I'm prepping it before going to bed and having it bed side. Last night I was running up and down the stairs to fill the water bottles with cold-from-the-water-cooler water. If I have to wake up, let's make the time efficient.
I know this will get better. I know this will get better. I know this will get better.

Comments