Skip to main content

All meds, all the time

As much as I hate to admit it, my life now revolves around my meds. Don't get me wrong, I've been on other maintenance drugs for a LOONG time. But somehow the timing of when I took them never seemed to be top of mind to me.

No more. Not now that I'm on Tolvaptan.

Late doses mean that my sleep suffers. Lack of water means my kidneys suffer.
So I started using an app - Medisafe - to help me keep on track.

It allows you to interface with your pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid) or clinic and download your current prescriptions and dosages. All you need to do is schedule each one, select an alarm sound and you're good to go.


When the time comes, an alarm sounds and a screen like the one above shows up on your phone. Take your dose, click on the Take button (showing as 'Un-Take' sine I actually took my dose) and go on with your day.

The app stores a record of when you took everything so you can talk to your doctor about schedule compliance.

Comments