Skip to main content

Hope

Well. At least I can say that I tried.

I thought the meds (Jynarque) would buy me time but I was wrong. Following the review of my labwork with the nephologist (eGFR is now 21 - it's been trending down since December), she's lining up consults with a dialysis nurse as well as a surgeon for fistula palacment. And, more importantly, she told me to put out the word that I need a kidney donor.

I sure didn't see that one coming.

Crap! I guess the dream of an artificial kidney may not come true for me.

Through tears, I wrote a post to my Facebook friends.

And then a crazy thing happened. They responded. With tears. With encouragement. With love. And also, with offers to be my live donor. (insert ugly cry here)

I'm still in shock. I'm so humbled. I'm so grateful. The generosity still amazes me.

I don't know if anyone will be a match and/or healthy enough to donate. But the gift they've given me RIGHT NOW is just as important. It's the gift of hope.

Comments