Skip to main content

Live in the moment

I'm a thinker, a what if-er. I analyze things to within an inch of their life.

Live in the moment? What's that?

Nothing is straight forward with PKD. The unpredictable nature makes it impossible to create solid plans. And the decisions you think you can make are often conflicting.

Case in point, Tolvaptan. Taking it should slow down kidney decline, delaying my need for dialysis and/or transplant. Yet the older I am before I need a transplant, the higher my Expected Post Transplant Survival score is (a lower score means greater survival rate and, if 20 or less, a high quality kidney). But I'm really hoping to stave off dialysis/transplant until there's a viable implantable artificial kidney.

See what I mean?

I guess the bottom line is that I have to have faith and trust that whatever happens was meant to be.

What are the words from the Serenity Prayer?

God grant me the SERENITY to accept the thing I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things I can and the WISDOM to know the difference.

I'll start working on that.

Comments