Skip to main content

Ice is nice

Continuing with my love of cold water is my love of ice! My office has a wonderful pellet/nugget ice maker and I'll admit that I fill two water bottles with the frozen gold before I leave for the day. Maybe I should bring an insulated thermos and haul it home in bulk. Hmmm.

So it's no wonder that I've tried to find a similar model to have at home. Well if you have $3,500 lying around and would like to send it to me for my ice fund, that would be great. In the meantime, I'll have to settle for something "close" to perfection.

Online reviews say that the Portable Opal Nugget Ice Maker is the perfect compromise for home use. Not that it comes cheap. Amazon had it listed for $475 when I wrote this.

For frozen water.
You may also know this as "the good ice". Opal makes the chewable, crunchable, flavor-saving nugget ice you love. The Opal is an affordable nugget ice maker for your home. Opal only does one thing: make chewable, crave able nugget ice. But it does a really good job at that one thing. Opal is an ice maker designed for the enthusiasts: people who drop by their favorite restaurant on the weekend to pick up a bag of that special soft ice or have googled “nugget ice maker for home” only to find that home nugget ice makers start at $2, 000 - $3, 000.
Regardless, I'm seriously considering it. I know, I know. Crazy.

But the water goes down so well when it's iced. And I love the chew on the cubes. Who cares if it's not good for your teeth. At least my kidneys will be happy.

Comments